Monday, May 21, 2007

So Worth It!

I may be, as my some-times boss commented, an idiot to drive some 900 miles for little more than a day spent with friends. It's possible many people would view the time and expense required to go to Michigan for a morning's Race for the Cure and an afternoon's shoveling brush somewhat exorbitant. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

What priceless things did I get out of this weekend?

1. Time spent with M., whom I miss incredibly
2. A brief grey walk through downtown Kalamazoo
3. A chance to further good acquaintances
4. A brief walk through the sunny woods
5. Playing in the dirt
6. A few large ugly bruises -- really not sure where I earned those
7. Camera-dodging, thanks to A., who can't seem to help himself
8. A day in the company of people to whom I have nothing to prove
9. Gorgeous drives!
10. Yummy cook-out with one of my "other" families


Really, I think it's the company that made this so worthwhile. Of course, there was M. -- even though we didn't solve the problems of the universe or anything, we simply spent time with each other. Amazingly refreshing! And the other friends -- honestly, rennies are the most accepting people I know. I don't need to be an amazing pianist, a faultless person, or brilliant on command. I can just be there, and they make me one of their own. Even in many churches, I don't feel that welcome. There's something special about being loved that way.

3 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

That is so true, and I think those sorts of things are totally worth it. I am so bummed that we won't be rennies together this year!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger mozartmovement said...

Glad you had a good weekend and safe driving !!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Well I certainly think it was worth it!! It was so refreshing to be able to spend a day with you and I had a blast while doing it! I'm definitely looking forward to this summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home