Friday, August 04, 2006

Little Known Facts

Somewhere near scenic Gas City, IN, there are several signs advertising the "Huggy Bear Motel." Normally, I go in for names like "Budget Host," but there's something terribly inviting about a name like "Huggy Bear." "Gas City", not so much...

Okay, once and for all: the "cute accent" (Thanks, Aaron, that was the kind way to phrase it!) is from exotic Lansing, MI. I incorporate other accents fairly quickly, maybe because I'm a musician, but some of my altered vowels have no excuse. I just talk funny!

There are few feelings more rewarding than looking around a living room full of empty boxes. After loading a car from a third floor apartment, driving seven hours, unloading said vehicle (which shares certain characteristics with one of those clown cars that have an amazing number of clowns in them), and putting things where they belong, one can look around at the fruits of one's labors and sigh. Time to cuddle up with a cold beverage and an old movie. Starring Ronald Colman, perhaps, or maybe Cary Grant. Or, if you're as lucky as I am and have a copy of "The Talk of the Town", both!

Gexa Energy Corp -- great folks! Even if it takes five years, they are bound and determined to return your security deposit to you. I was shocked, amazed, and pleasantly surprised to find their check in my parents' mailbox the other day. Unexpected cash -- doesn't it just makie your week?

Polyurethane is wonderful stuff. Not only can it spiff up your twenty dollar plywood bookcases, but it can seal the crumbling leather trim of the 1940's suitcase you can't bear to part with. No longer will my legs be marked with brown dust every time I carry my suitcase somewhere! Amazing what one can do these days!

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

"These are little known fact that now...you KNOW!!!"

So polyurethane is off the do-not-touch list again? :) Just kidding....

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Xana Ender said...

plus red polyurethan pants are pretty cool :-)

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after 5 years they send you your security deposit?!! I'm lucky if I get mine back after calling repeatedly, leaving a forwarding address and phone and camping at their door! Well, I've never camped at their door. Most of my landlords were not the best, and I figured they spent my deposit already at Las Vegas or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home