Saturday, June 16, 2007

In the Words of Another Old Song...

I got shoes,
You got shoes,
All God's children got shoes.
Jan Ernst Matzeligger invented a machine that made shoes.


Grammatically incorrect, perhaps. Sociologically incorrect, perhaps. (I remember teaching this to a class of first graders who accurately assessed that there were children the world around with no shoes.) And I may have spelled Jan Ernst's name wrong. But the point is:

I went to the KY Ren Faire today, and I'm finally the proud owner of a real pair of Rennie shoes. The dog-chewed sandals were ceremoniously disposed of, and I'm terribly proud of myself!

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Belle would be glad to initiate these also!

See you soon,

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Stop the presses! Do you mean to tell me that the dog-chewed sandals are really gone? Yay for you, and yay for Rennie shoes, and boo for your not being here while I'm here! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home