Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Brilliant Discovery!

I have discovered, after a certain amount of time spent operating a motor vehicle, that stop-lights, though providing intervals of "unavoidable delay," can be well spent observing my surroundings, searching for a water-bottle, of speaking with a person in the other seat. However, throughout this process, I continue to firmly depress the brake pedal. This ensures that my car will not begin to move forward of its own volition without my direct supervision, thus endangering the vehicle in front of me. I've found that my car is subject to the prickles of boredom; if left to its own devices, who knows what it might do? Therefore, I find it best to provide it with clear instructions regarding when to move and when to remain stationary.

Perhaps the Kentucky Department of Motor Vehicles would like to include this information in its driver's education curriculum? So many of the drivers on Nicholasville Road seem oblivious to the facts I've mentioned above.

On a related note, does anyone know of a universal hand sign (appropriate for use by a Good Girl) that can convey the following message: "Yes, you just bumped me in the rear! Next time, look in the direction your car is moving! You imbecile, the least you could do is demonstrate some smidgen of apology!"

No real damage done, but I think it's more classy to show some remorse, don't you?

3 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

There's only one hand sign I can think of, but often provokes anger in the other party (even when that party is at fault). Then there's honking....

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Xana Ender said...

Makes you wonder what it was like when everyone was on horses, doesn't it?

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger mozartmovement said...

Yes, car-courtesy is classy and should be taught in driver's ed! Even with no harm done, a collision is upsetting as it reminds us, annoyingly, of our own powerlessness. (Glad you warned me this was coming).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home