Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Older and Wiser?

It's almost a week since my birthday, and I should report that I'm acting my age. I do my homework (mostly). I make my bed. I do the dishes. I eat my vegetables. Aren't I a good girl? :)

All those things are perfectly true, of course. However, for a more accurate picture: the research paper gets started the night before it's due -- at eleven pm. I swore the following day that I would be good from here on in; I began my reading for my doctoral level class last night at 10:45! Both days, of course, I'm in class non-stop with analyses due (and Brahms ain't basic!). The good news? My prof told me (quietly, outside of class) that my paper was a model of what it should be! I have a recording of Brahms, and assimilated it rather well, if I do say so. I participated in discussion and mostly made sense. And I learned a new phrase in Italian yesterday: "la rugiada della montagno." A fine beverage that has thus far aided me incredibly in my pursuit of knowledge. Ah, the good ol' rugiada della montagno! :)

3 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Jeanine said...

Oh, you ask what is my beverage of choice? Come now, you know this. It's the good ol' Mountain Dew, of course! :)

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

How could any of us think it would be anything other than Mountain Dew? It's so obviously the Jeanine drink of choice!

On a more serious note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUPER SUPER LATE!!! I kept meaning to email you a birthday greeting, and then every time I'd be at a computer I'd forget. (I'm such a slacker friend....) But I'm glad you're you and I'm glad you had a birthday and I hope it was great!

What classes are you taking? Doctoral what?

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem much more on the ball than your slacker (and older) sister. Although I have emailed the birthday greeting! I haven't made the bed in 2 weeks, I haven't had vegetables in the house for at least a month (I'm not counting the ones that have rotted in the refrigerator), and I do the dishes about once a week. And I have a dishwasher!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home