Friday, February 23, 2007

Don't Bring on the Groom Just Yet!

Or, "Another Reason We Know Jeanine is Not Ready to Marry"

Lately, I've been chiding Xana Ender as she struggles to determine the difference between periwinkle and English lavender in preparation for her wedding this summer. Apparently, though, this sort of decision is crucial. I was listening to a couple acquaintances chat last night. J. had a meeting with her wedding outfitter (or whatever you call them), and she was appalled to discover the woman didn't know what J's wedding colors were to be. "I could have ended up with nine bridesmaid dresses in the wrong color!" Imagine -- having a wedding in taupe and ivory rather than taupe and champagne!

I apologize, Xana Ender. It is most likely a sign of my immaturity and single-hood that I don't take these things seriously enough. I'll try to grow out of it ... but I make no promises of success!

3 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Weddings, schmeddings. I'm with you.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Xana Ender said...

Well, I don't really care about the difference in color unless it clashes with the tie on the guy who's supposed to match her or the other bridesmaid's dresses (which are light greenish and bright pinkish) (*ahem* celadon and hibiscus) ha ha ha :-)

I'm with you though in that it really shouldn't matter that much about colors. I hope I'm not too annoying about it:-) It's my event planning-ness coming out.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Jeanine said...

Of course you're not annoying! On the contrary, you're highly amusing! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home