Friday, February 23, 2007

News Bulletin

The top five reasons Jeanine hasn't been blogging lately:
  1. She's been feeling a little uninspired.
  2. She has just increased her work hours and is a little bit swamped!
  3. She is actually trying to do most of her readings for her classes, and she is even studying Italian. Occasionally.
  4. It's almost mid-terms! Ack! Projects due! Ack!
  5. She is being torn apart twice weekly in private and public piano lessons, and she is beginning to feel that she ought to live at the piano and forsake all others as she tackles an enormous amount of new repertoire.

The news, consolidated:

  1. I'm now the untitled administrative assistant at the Music Institute. And rather enjoying it. If you want something done right, after all...
  2. I'm teaching a Petite Pianists class for kindergartners that is an absolute riot -- and way too much work on my part, but who cares? They're great!
  3. I've finally joined a home group, filled with people my age. Not sure I fit in, but I never have before, so who cares?
  4. About twice a week, I get the feeling that I should give up this whole music charade and go back to pulling weeds for a living.
  5. Despite it all, I love my job, I love my music (new and old), I love my classes, and I'm pretty perky. Perhaps a bit under-rested, but what else is new?

And that may have to last you for a while. But I'll try to come back after some of this paperwork is cleared up. Any questions?

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I'm glad you're perky! And please, keep up the music charade. (It really isn't a charade, by the way.) Also, if knowing the difference between periwinkle and English lavendar required to get married, I don't think I ever will.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

You can come to Oklahoma and pull weeds here. :)

But really, you mustn't give up on the music dream. You are doing this. Plus, your piano teacher wouldn't be earning her "big bucks" if she didn't tear you apart every so often. This, too, shall pass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home