Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ho pauno di ______

It's an exciting week in Italian class -- we're finally learning verbs! Well, we've known "to be" and "to have," but now we're getting into real conjugation and whatnot. We practiced in partners with the phrase "avere paunare di ________" ("I'm afraid of _____"), according to the scripts in the book. Strangely, of the thousands of things that I fear, not one of them was on the list. I sounded amazingly fearless as I replied again and again, "No, non ho pauno di ____." Wouldn't it be nice if I was really as fearless as I seem?

6 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

What do you fear, Jeanine? I've always wondered. Not that I believe your "non ho pauno" line....

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Xana Ender said...

looks like both Spanish and Latin kinda. Fun!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

It's always been hard for me to put my finger on what I fear as well. I know I'm not fearless, but I can't seem to find what I am afraid of on any lists. (Italian or English)

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jeanine said...

I'm fearless, remember? Actually, after this summer, I've become a little better at putting my finger on it. But I'm not brave enough to post it in a blog. :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jeanine said...

And Italian is great fun -- pronunciation is a breeze, and it is a lot like all those other Romance languages.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

That reminds me...I do plan to respond to the email you sent me, like, months ago. I just haven't yet. All this blogging gets in the way. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home