Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happiness

I drove from Michigan to Kentucky on Sunday afternoon, after a weekend away. The sky was that brilliant blue featured by the best days of autumn, the sun was shining, and the trees were just beginning to turn in places. I-74 and I-75 go through some of the friendliest territory in the country, I think. I rolled my windows down, cranked John Williams up, and I was happy.

I thought briefly of the long list of things that are not ideal in my life; I should be annoyed, unhappy, heartsick, insecure, stressed out, concerned, or at least discontent. How is it that we humans can distance ourselves from our tribulations to find joy despite ourselves? I think that may be one of the kindest gifts God ever granted.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

AMEN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home