Thursday, March 01, 2007

Luke Simpson on Tour!

Normally, when I talk about my friends or family on this blog, I only use initials -- after all, I never actually asked to mention them in an internationally accessible forum. In this case, since publicity is often a good thing, I'm going to make an exception.

My lifelong friend, Luke Simpson, is now playing with a group called "Rend the Heavens," a Christian group based out of Nashville. Check out their site if you want to hear some of their stuff: http://www.rendtheheavens.com/ Luke is one of those musicians who really knows music, understands the language, and has an incredible amount of talent. It's always been such a pleasure to play with him, on those rare occasions when we had the opportunity. I would bet that Rend the Heavens under-utilizes him terribly, but it's a professional gig all the same. Luke is playing drums with them on their current tour, and they'll be appearing at New Covenant Christian Church (Lansing, MI) this Sunday, March 4, at 7 pm.

I'm so thrilled for Luke! He ought to be a full-time musician, and I hope this may be the beginning of big things for him. Wouldn't you know it, this is one weekend when it's absolutely impossible for me to go to Lansing and see him. Well, the life of a musician is full of being somewhere you love to be when you want to be somewhere else.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Yay for Luke! I'm not at all surprised.... Wish I could hear the gig, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home